- Full Description
Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably is for entrepreneurs and small business ownersthe makers, movers, and shakers in our worldinterested in taking their businesses to the next level of growth through exports.
In the old days, creating an international business was left to relatively few--those with the wherewithal to move boatloads of goods into foreign countries. But now, thanks to the Internet, businesses of all sizes have a huge new opportunity to sell both goods and services globally. Yet only 1% of all U.S. businesses export. Why?
Typically, exporting begins with unsolicited inquiries from foreign customers on the web via email, website, blog, or posting on a Facebook page. People outside your country want your product, and they want it now. The problem is that most small business owners do not know how to service these inquiries. What's the best way to ship goods? Do I need a license? Should I sell through wholesalers in specific countries or directly to consumers? How will I get paid?
Help is hereExporting equips you with the knowledge you need to market, sell, and fulfill orders internationally, taking full advantage of the Internet and the opportunities it creates. It also imparts a can-do spirit on exporting, leading to greater revenues, stability, and profitability for your business. Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably:
- Lays out simple steps to conduct market research, find customers, open new markets, get paid, and ship goods and services.
- Takes you through the exporting process via the Internet and other means.
- Shows how to use social media to expand your international presence.
- Provides insider tips and strategies to export efficiently and profitably.
- Explains how the U.S. government helps exporters.
- Walks readers through the export business plan.
What youll learn
- Identify products and services that can be profitably exported.
- Use the Internet to facilitate all aspects of exporting, especially marketing.
- Develop a clear strategy on how to export.
- Export your product or service efficiently and profitably.
- Find customers retail and wholesale customers globally, enter new markets, get paid, and ship.
- Explore your best territory using statistics and market research.
- Develop pricing and prepare documentation.
- Leverage the Internet and social mediaincluding using tablets and mobile phonesto boost your online exports.
Who this book is for
Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably is for entrepreneurs and small business owners who are new to exporting and are ready to take their business to the next level of growth. It is also for those who currently export but are looking for new market insights and have a desire to expand into other countries. Finally, it is for those who know that the Internet and social media offer opportunities for exporters but want to see how to best leverage their skills with the newest technologies into greater sales and profits.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Are You Ready To Export?
- Writing an Export Business PlanA Guide During the Life of Your Export Business
- Prepping For ExportsCorporate, Legal and Financial Considerations
- The Human Side of Enterprise
- Online Fundamentals: Building a Website and Blog
- Creating a Social Media and Social Networking Presence
- Using eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Zazzle and Facebook as a Stepping Stone to Exporting
- The e-Commerce Craze: Buying and Selling Globally and Managing an International Supply Chain
- The Mobile World at Work: Greatest Challenge and Greatest Opportunity Facing Businesses Today
- Marketing Your Business, Your Product, or Your Service Worldwide via the Internet and Traditional Outlets
- Finding a Product and a Manufacturer
- Exploring Your Territory: How to Research Export Markets
- Preparing Your Product for Export
- Preparing Your Service for Export
- Web Translation Considerations
- Finding Cross-Border Customers
- Methods of Exporting: Direct and Indirect Sales
- Transport Options
- Preparing Pricing and Quotation
- Getting Paid: Terms, Conditions and Other Financing Options, Including Mobile Payments
- Booking, Marking, Labeling, and Insuring
- Documentation, Export Licensing and Other Procedures
- Exceptional Export Service: Strategies for Success
- Cross-Border Alliances and Partnerships
- Cross-Cultural Learning: The Importance of Communicating With Cultural Intelligence
- Global Ethics: Rules of the Export World on Ethical Conduct
- International Business Travel Security Tips
- Women Business Owners: A New Breed of Globetrotters Takes on the World
- New Frontiers: China, India, Brazil, and Other Big Emerging Markets
- The Top 10 Emerging Export Business Markets
- Export Success: Real-Life Accounts of Successful Export Businesses
- 10 Essential Keys to Export Success
- The Export Adventure: A Web Site to Keep You Focused on Exporting Success
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published