- Full Description
Fuzzy Database Modeling with XML aims to provide a single record of current research and practical applications in the fuzzy databases. This volume is the outgrowth of research the author has conducted in recent years. Fuzzy Database Modeling with XML introduces state-of-the-art information to the database research, while at the same time serving the information technology professional faced with a non-traditional application that defeats conventional approaches. The research on fuzzy conceptual models and fuzzy object-oriented databases is receiving increasing attention, in addition to fuzzy relational database models. With rapid advances in network and internet techniques as well, the databases have been applied under the environment of distributed information systems. It is essential in this case to integrate multiple fuzzy database systems. Since databases are commonly employed to store and manipulate XML data, additional requirements are necessary to model fuzzy information with XML. Secondly, this book maps fuzzy XML model to the fuzzy databases. Very few efforts at investigating these issues have thus far occurred. Fuzzy Database Modeling with XML is designed for a professional audience of researchers and practitioners in industry. This book is also suitable for graduate-level students in computer science.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents.
- List of Figures.
- List of Tables.
- Preface by Frederick E. Petry, Tulane University.
- Part I. Background Information. Conceptual Data Modeling. Logical Database Models. Fuzzy Sets and Possibility Distributions.
- Part II. The Fuzzy ER and Fuzzy EER Models. The Fuzzy UML Data Model. The Fuzzy XML Model.
- Part III. Fuzzy Database Models. The Fuzzy Relational Databases. The Fuzzy Nested Relational Databases. The Fuzzy Object
- Oriented Databases. Conceptual Design of Fuzzy Databases.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published