- Full Description
Biometric System and Data Analysis: Design, Evaluation, and Data Mining brings together aspects of statistics and machine learning to provide a comprehensive guide to evaluate, interpret and understand biometric data. This professional book naturally leads to topics including data mining and prediction--widely applied to other fields but not rigorously to biometrics--to be examined in detail. This volume places an emphasis on the various performance measures available for biometric systems, what they mean, and when they should and should not be applied. The evaluation techniques are presented rigorously, however are always accompanied by intuitive explanations that convey the essence of the statistical concepts to a general audience. Designed for a professional audience composed of practitioners and researchers in industry, Biometric System and Data Analysis: Design, Evaluation, and Data Mining is also suitable as a reference for advanced-level students in computer science and engineering.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Biometric Evaluation Fundamentals.
- Biometric Data.
- Performance evaluation Hierarchy.
- System Evaluation: The Statistical Basis for Biometric Systems.
- Identification (open vs closed).
- Enrollment Measures.
- Individual Evaluation: The Biometric Menagerie.
- Group Evaluation: Data Mining for Biometrics.
- Special Topics in Biometric Evaluations.
- System Setup and Optimization.
- The Evaluation of Systems in Production.
- Evaluating Surveillance Systems.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published