- Full Description
This book presents a different approach to pattern recognition (PR) systems, in which users of a system are involved during the recognition process. This can help to avoid later errors and reduce the costs associated with post-processing. The book also examines a range of advanced multimodal interactions between the machine and the users, including handwriting, speech and gestures. Features: presents an introduction to the fundamental concepts and general PR approaches for multimodal interaction modeling and search (or inference); provides numerous examples and a helpful Glossary; discusses approaches for computer-assisted transcription of handwritten and spoken documents; examines systems for computer-assisted language translation, interactive text generation and parsing, relevance-based image retrieval, and interactive document layout analysis; reviews several full working prototypes of multimodal interactive PR applications, including live demonstrations that can be publicly accessed on the Internet.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- General Framework.
- Computer Assisted Transcription: General Framework.
- Computer Assisted Transcription of Text Images.
- Computer Assisted Transcription of Speech Signals.
- Active Learning and Interactive Handwritten Transcription.
- Interactive Machine Translation.
- modality for Interactive Machine Translation.
- Incremental and Adaptive Learning for Interactive Machine Translation.
- Interactive Parsing.
- Interactive Text Generation.
- Interactive Image Retrieval.
- Prototypes and Demonstrators.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published