- Full Description
This guide demonstrates how virtual build and test can be supported by the Discrete Event Systems Specification (DEVS) simulation modeling formalism, and the System Entity Structure (SES) simulation model ontology. The book examines a wide variety of Systems of Systems (SoS) problems, ranging from cloud computing systems to biological systems in agricultural food crops. Features: includes numerous exercises, examples and case studies throughout the text; presents a step-by-step introduction to DEVS concepts, encouraging hands-on practice to building sophisticated SoS models; illustrates virtual build and test for a variety of SoS applications using both commercial and open source DEVS simulation environments; introduces an approach based on activity concepts intrinsic to DEVS-based system design, that integrates both energy and information processing requirements; describes co-design modeling concepts and methods to capture separate and integrated software and hardware systems.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I.
- Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems.
- DEVS Integrated Development Environments.
- System Entity Structure Basics.
- DEVS Natural Language Models and Elaborations.
- Specialization and Pruning.
- Aspects and Multi
- Managing Inheritance in Pruning.
- Automated and Rule
- Based Pruning.
- Part II.
- DEVS Simulation Protocol.
- Dynamic Structure: Agent Modeling and Publish/Subscribe.
- Based Information Exchange: Mappings and Models.
- Languages for Constructing DEVS Models.
- Part III.
- Flexible Modeling Support Environments.
- Based Software Systems.
- Cloud System Simulation Modeling.
- Model Repositories for Systems of Systems.
- Modeling and Simulation of Living Systems as Systems of Systems.
- Based Implementations of Systems of Systems.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published