- Full Description
The Adobe Integrated Runtime, or AIR as it is more commonly known, has taken RIA development by storm. The ability to create OS-neutral desktop applications from the familiar Flex environment has opened the door to new and exciting applications that combine the ease of data access and update-ability of the internet with the security and stick-ability of the desktop.AdvancED AIR Applications takes you step-by-step through what's possible with AIR, not only teaching you the advanced techniques, but also providing case studies to show them in action.
- Teaches AdvancED AIR techniques, such as multi-user and multi-window applications.
- Step-by-step case studies show you the technology in the real world.
- Reveals how to make AIR applications secure.
What youll learn
- Use the File API for advanced file system manipulation.
- Learn how to drag and drop files from your desktop and upload them to a website.
- Work with the Operating System to allow things such as Clipboard access and manipulation.
- Use the Windowing API to create multi-window applications.
- Utilize binary sockets to create an email application.
- Create multi-user applications, such as instant messaging clients.
Who this book is for
AIR developers who have learned the basics and want to take their skills a step further. This book will take the skeleton of technologies that you've learned so far, and show you how to apply them to real-world projects.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published