- Full Description
Pro SQL Server 2008 Replication is for Microsoft database developers and administrators who want to learn about the different types of replication and those best suited to SQL Server 2008. This book will also cover advanced topics like replication with heterogeneous databases, backup and recovery of replicated databases, database mirroring with replication, log shipping with replication, troubleshooting, plus optimization and tuning. Tools like tablediff, SQLCMD, DTA, SQL Profiler, and Replication Monitor will be discussed to demonstrate the different techniques used in monitoring, administering, and troubleshooting replication.
- Examines the detailed configuration and the internal workings of the different replication types using reallife scenarios
- Covers replication with database mirroring and troubleshooting
- Discusses replication administration using different tools
What youll learn
- Configure hierarchical replication: snapshot, transactional and merge, and heterogeneous replication using reallife scenarios.
- Gain insight into the internal workings of the different replication types.
- Master the usage of different tools like tablediff, SQLCMD, DTA, and Replication Monitor in administering replication.
- Perform administration tasks such as backup and recovery, and manage replication with other highavailability techniques like database mirroring and log shipping.
- Conduct optimization and tuning of replicated databases.
- Develop troubleshooting techniques.
- Set up a standalone Hadoop cluster the smart way, laid out simply and step by step so you can get up and running quickly to build your next data center, collaborative, dataintensive Internet services application, Software as a Service (SaaS), and more.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Replication Basics
- Types of Replication
- Configuring Snapshot Replication Using the GUI
- Configuring Snapshot Replication Using T-SQL
- Snapshot Generation
- Internals of Snapshot Replication
- Configuring Transactional Replication Using the GUI
- Configuring Transactional Replication Using T-SQL
- Internals of Transactional Replication
- Configuring Merge Replication Using the GUI
- Web Synchronization with Merge Replication
- Configuring Merge Replication Using T-SQL
- The Internals of Merge Replication
- Backup and Recovery of Snapshot and Transactional Replication
- Backup and Recovery of Merge Replication
- Optimizing Snapshot Replication
- Optimizing Transactional Replication
- Optimizing Merge Replication
- Heterogeneous Replication
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published