- Full Description
Building XNA 3.0 Games: A Practical Guide for Independent Game Development is written by James Silva, who recently won the prestigious Microsoft Dream Build Play gaming competition with his award–winning title The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, and coauthor John Sedlak, expert and Microsoft MVP for XNA/DirectX.
This full–color book is an in–depth and exclusive guide to the entire XNA game development process, showing you the way to creating your own gaming masterpiece. James Silva reveals the complete process he used to build his award–winning game and Microsoft MVP John Sedlak’s expertise is brought to life with full–color illustrations and numerous code examples. You’ll discover tips and techniques for creating a polished, high–quality game using very few resources, and learn to achieve the balance between coding and art that is central to all good games. James reveals the pitfalls he encountered in making The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, and his insight and suggestions show how you can avoid them.
The book is packed with full–color code and pictures to show you how things are done and exactly how they should look in order to give you valuable insights into XNA game development.
What youll learn
- If you are brand new to XNA, you’ll see basic concepts of game development explained through simple exercises.
- You’ll be able to follow along and see the steps taken to re–create the game that won the Microsoft competition.
- You’ll learn and enhance artistic skills and artistic design capabilities.
- You’ll learn how to build software games that focus on the same artistic design, game play, and game flow/logic that is found in commercial games.
- You’ll become more exposed to the exciting world of software games.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has working knowledge of C# and .NET programming and either loves to build software games or is interested in seeing how the process works.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published