- Full Description
Developing in Ext GWT is a fastpaced, practical guide to quickly learning the tasks necessary in building enterpriseclass rich Internet applications (RIAs). Based around the exciting new user interface library from Ajax leaders Ext JS and the latest Google Web Toolkit release, this book takes the reader through setup, the available widgets, and advanced custom widgets and templates, and concludes with a functional sample clientserver application in less than 150 pages. Not your typical beginner's guide to programming, this book provides a rapid approach to becoming effective with leading commercial RIA tools and libraries.
- A practical approach to enterprise RIA development using industryproven tools.
- Full coverage of the new Ext GWT 2.0 widget library based on GWT 1.6
- Designed for professional developers needing a quick, nononsense overview of the initial requirements to get started, ending with an example clientserver application
What youll learn
- Understand the Ext GWT UI framework, its history, and what you need to get started quickly.
- Prepare a build environment, debug, and troubleshoot, and find out whats needed to reliably build an application based on Ext GWT.
- Know how to use the various widgets, layouts, and combinations to get the right look and feel for a professional result.
- Get an overview of some of the advanced features (such as Drag-n-Drop and Portal).
- Understand how Store, Model and RPC, can be used in a clientserver model.
- Step through an example application that showcases an enterprisestyle RIA.
Who this book is for
This book is for enterprise developers with a need to rapidly get highquality results in the RIA space. The reader is assumed to have a sound knowledge of Java and understands the basics of web development. The book also offers some insight on Ext GWT to casual developers who want to add that enterpriseRIA look to their existing GWT applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of Ext GWT and GWT
- Organizing the Environment
- Widgets, Widgets, Everywhere
- Advanced Widgets and Stuff
- Working With Data
- A Working Example
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published