- Full Description
As a Flex developer, youll no doubt come across repetitive problems every day in your workwouldnt it be nice to have a library of solutions to turn to, to solve these problems quickly and easily? Well, this book provides just that, with over 100 solutions to common problems in one easy volume, all fully updated and revised for Flex 4.
In Flex Solutions, renowned Flash and Flex expert Marco Casario assumes you know the basics, and dives straight into practical code examples that you could build up yourselves via step by step tutorials, and plug straight in to your own code, saving you hours of development time.
Areas explored include Flex components, charting, working with remote data, data validation, displaying data with list based controls, controlling the look and feel of your applications, application security, working with dynamic data sources (such as ColdFusion, PHP, and Java backends,) and much more. In each solution, Marco takes you through the workings of the example step by step, and then presents some experts tips, which will take your understanding further, and give you unique insights into Flex development.
- Includes over 100 solutions to common problems
- Plug the code example straight into your own applications, saving hours of development time
- Covers the full spectrum of Flex topics, from styling your applications, to security, and interfacing with databases.
What youll learn
- Tips on using Flex components
- How to validate and format data
- How to manage complex data
- How to create Web Services using RPC components
- How to display data using list-based controls
- How to effectively compile and deploy Flex applications
- How to customize the look and feel of your applications
- How to make your applications more secure
- How to become more efficient in using the Flex Builder IDE
- Unique tricks such as calculating memory usage, making your Flex application into an active desktop, and customizing states
- How to interface your Flex applications with server-side code written in PHP, Java, Rails, and ColdFusion
Who this book is for
This book is for any Flex developer who is comfortable with the basics and wants to take their knowledge further with quick fire solutions to common problems. It is also a useful update guide for developers upgrading to Flex 4.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published