- Full Description
As youd expect this book provides a thorough explanation of jQuerys syntax and grammar and explains how to put together a wide range of popular effects and animations that you can use to add jQuery interactivity to your websites. The book then goes further. By combining the skills of both a web developer and a designer in writing the book we discuss not just how to build functionality but how best to employ it to create a greatly improved user experience without over-doing it and inadvertently making our applications harder, not easier, to use. The book concludes with a series of small case studies that shows all this thinking in action and leaves you with reusable templates for good code design.
What youll learn
- Plan and implement a modern interface with jQuery and UXD
- Manage changes during a project with sketching and prototyping
- The HTML and CSS features that are key enablers to modern interactions
- How AJAX can be applied to streamline interactions and workflows
- Why performance is an issue that can be managed to improve the user experience
- To build advanced interfaces which can be combined into complex web applications
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers and designers who are starting to add jQuery for the first time to their ASP.NET web development projects and are looking for guidance about how to do it effectively in a way that will give their users maximum value.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published