- Full Description
Google wave is a real-time, web-based collaboration platform (think of SharePoint for Google and Open Source users). Backed by viral recommendations and media attention, Google Wave has already gained many early adopters. However, upon receiving the initial invite, many users are still left wondering how to best utilize the powerful new tool.
Enter Beginning Google Wave. This book introduces you to Google Wave and provides a solid introduction and foundation for leveraging the collaborative power of the platform. Authors Kyle Roche and Jeff Douglas, who have been developing with Wave since its inception, walk you through the fundamentals and then show you how to extend Wave programmatically to provide business value in common scenarios.
- Start with the fundamentals of Google Wave.
- Extend Google Wave with Robots and Gadgets.
- Embed Wave in your website or application or host your own federated Wave server.
What youll learn
- Use Google Wave to collaborate with others
- Extend Google Wave with the Wave Robot API (examples in both Python and Java)
- Extend Google Wave using the Gadget API
- Embed Waves in your own website
- Learn to use the extension installer to enhance the user experience
- Host your own federated Wave server
Who this book is for
This book is for those who are new to Google Wave..
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published