- Full Description
The Windows Phone 7 platform, now recently updated, provides a remarkable opportunity for Windows developers to create state-of-the-art mobile applications using their existing skills and a familiar toolset. Pro Windows Phone 7 Development, Second Edition helps you unlock the potential of this platform and create dazzling, visually rich, and highly functional applications for the Windows Phone Marketplaceincluding using new features like copy-and-paste and API improvements in the NoDo and Mango update waves.
For developers new to the Windows Phone platformwhether .NET, iPhone, or Android developersthis book starts by introducing the features and specifications of the Windows Phone series, and then leads you through the complete application development process. You'll learn how to use Microsoft technologies like Silverlight, .NET, the XNA Framework, Visual Studio, and Expression Blend effectively, how to take advantage of the device's sensors with the location service, accelerometer, and touch, how to make your apps location-aware using GPS data, how to utilize the rich media capabilities of the Windows Phone series, and much more. Finally, you'll receive a full tutorial on how to publish and sell your application through the Windows Phone Marketplace. And in this second edition, learn quickly and easily how to take advantage of new API capabilities and HTML5 support right in your browser.
What youll learn
- The specifications and capabilities of the Windows Phone series and how to harness that power in your applications
- To understand its relationship to Silverlight, .NET, the XNA Framework, Visual Studio, and Expression Blend and how to use those tools most effectively to develop Windows Phone apps
- How to develop applications that take advantage of the available sensors, such as location service, accelerometer, and touch gestures
- How to develop rich media applications that harness the graphics capabilities of Windows Phone models
- The correct way to design and develop Windows Phone 7 applications utilizing the Model-View-ViewModel architecture
- The process of publishing your application to the Windows Phone Marketplace
Who this book is for
If you're a .NET developer, this book is primarily for youyou're eager to learn how to use your existing skills to develop for the new Windows Phone 7 platform. If you're an iOS or Android developer, this is an ideal guide for you to learn how to expand the market for your existing applications. This does assume some knowledge of C#, managed code in general, and a basic level of familiarity with Visual Studio. And if you're a proficient Windows Phone 7 developer, get up to speed quickly with the new API endpoints and HTML5 browser support in the Mango update.
Software developers proficient in other languages will also find this book helpful to get up to speed with developing Silverlight- and .NET-based Windows Phone applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Windows Phone and Marketplace
- User Interface Development
- Handling Input on Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Data Persistence and Networking Programming Model
- Integrating with the Windows Phone Platform
- Windows Phone Advanced UI Development
- Advanced MVVM, Services, and App Connect
- XNA Framework for Games and Applications
- Advanced XNA Framework Development
- Building Top-Rated Applications for Windows Phone
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published