- Full Description
Whether you're new to Arduino and Android development, or you've tinkered a bit with either one, this is the book for you. Android has always been a natural fit with Arduino projects, but now that Google has released the Android Open Accessory Development Kit (the Android ADK), combining Android with Arduino to create custom gadgets has become even easier.
Beginning Android ADK with Arduino shows how the ADK works and how it can be used with a variety of Arduino boards to create a variety of fun projects that showcase the abilities of the ADK.
Mario Böhmer will walk you through several projects, including making sounds, driving motors, and creating alarm systems, all while explaining how to use the ADK and how standard Arduino boards may differ from Google-branded Arduinos. You aren't tied to specific hardware with this book; use what you have, and this book will show you how.
What youll learn
- How different boards work with the ADK
- How to create your first sketch and project
- How to work with light and sound
- How to work with servos and DC motors
- How to work with photoresistors and thermistors to sense the environment
- How to make your own capacitive touch game show buzzer
- How to create your own camera-enabled alarm system
Who this book is for
This book is for beginning Arduino and Android enthusiasts, or Arduino developers who want to try out the new Android ADK.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Andriod and Arduino: Getting to Know Each Other
- Light Intensity Sensing
- Temperature Sensing
- A Sense of Touch
- Making Things Move
- Alarm System
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published