- Full Description
Industrial Problem Solving Simplified provides a roadmap for solving manufacturing problems. Containing numerous examples of actual problems and their solutions in various industrial environments, it is for novice as well as experienced manufacturing owners, managers, quality representatives, consultants, trainers, and procurement professionals.
Author Ralph Pawlaks roadmap is a proven system that has been applied to the operations of over two hundred suppliers of a large automotive manufacturer. It has also been used to eliminate major manufacturing problems in electronics, casting, blow molding, and assembly operations. It has been used effectively in the manufacture of toys, juvenile products, chemicals, automotive engines, and innumerable components of any manufacturing facilityand in the U.S., Canada, China, and Europe. The books insights into problem causes and the methods to solve them once and for all are applicable to most problems in most industries.
Pawlak, with decades of experience as manager of quality and plant engineering for General Motors, Fisher Price, Vibratech, and others, offers tools to solve problems and shows how to use them. Youll learn how to use tools like Quality Check Sheets, Flow Diagrams, Concept Diagrams, Duo Diagrams, Variation Plots, Sketches, Sum of Ends Tests, Good versus Bad Comparisons, Fractionals with Interactions, and Many Level Checks. Whats more, these are tools anyone can put to good use today. No special knowledge of statistics, or advanced math or engineering, is required. If you can add, subtract, multiply, and divide, you can learn to solve industrial problems like a pro.
This book will help you:
1. Clarify the conditions that cause problems
2. Define the cause of problems
3. Generate clues as to the causes of problems and their solutions
4. Collect accurate and relevant data
5. Use specific tools to solve problems effectively
6. Establish consistent work processes to ensure problems do not return
Industrial Problem Solving Simplified will empower you and your people not just to solve manufacturing problems but optimize processes, improve productivity, and save money. With the plans, examples, and worksheets in this book, you will become a proficient problem solver.
What youll learn
- How to determine problem causes
- How to identify defects
- How to manage the problem and its solution through data collection and clue generation
- How to use simple analysis tools
- How to establish a consistent work process to maintain improvements after the problem is solved
Who this book is for
Owners, managers, line workers, quality controllers, consultants, trainers, purchasing agents, and others in any company that has manufacturing facilities in house or outsourced.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Problem Solving Overview
- Identify Faults and Defects
- Construct Concept Sheets
- Develop a Plan of Attack
- Collect Accurate Data
- Generate Clues
- Use Innovative Tools to Solve Problems
- Establish Consistent Work Patterns Many-Level Reviews
- Fractional Explained
- Interaction Explained
- Cracked or Broken Example
- Torque to Turn Example
- Confirmation of Sum of Ends Test
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published