- Full Description
Whether you are new to Unity or you're a Unity dev ready to deploy to Windows 10, Learn Unity for Windows 10 Game Development will help you on your way. While Unity's aim, "author once, deploy anywhere," has become the goal for many budding game developers, there are a multitude of design decisions involved in making it a reality.
You will start by exploring the Unity editor and experimenting with staple game functionality. If you are new to scripting or just new to C#, you will be able to investigate syntax, commonly used functions, and communication required to bring your ideas to life. With the book's included art assets, you will learn the ins and outs of asset choices and management while making use of Unity's 2D physics, Shuriken particle systems and Mecanim's character and state management tools.
Finally, you will bring it all together to create a multi-level game as you learn how to incorporate mobile specific functionality, test on a Windows Phone device, and others for Windows 10 and ultimately, publish your game to the Windows App Store. You'll even learn about marketing and monetization in the mobile game market.
What youll learn
- C# basics for Unity
- Working with the Unity Editor
- Managing assets
- Using the Mecanim animation system
- 2D features and physics
- Setting up your game for Windows Phone and other devices.
Who this book is for
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Unity Editor
- Unity Basics and Functionality
- C# Scripting Primer
- Selecting, Creating and Importing Assets
- Managing and Animating Assets
- Creating a Game Environment
- Mecanim & Character Animation
- 2D Features, Physics and Menus
- Setting Up for Windows Phone
- Interaction and Controls for Mobile
- Bringing it All Together
- Extending the Game
- Marketing and Monetization
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published