- Full Description
Today, when a security accident occurs, the top three questions security administrators would ask are in essence: What has happened? Why did it happen? What should I do? Answers to the first two questions form the 'core' of Cyber Situational Awareness. In addition, whether the last question can be well answered, is greatly dependent upon the cyber situational awareness capability of enterprises. Cyber Situational Awareness: Issues and Research is an edited volume contributed by worldwide cyber security experts. This book seeks to establish state of the art in cyber situational awareness area to set course for future research. A multidisciplinary group of leading researchers from cyber security, cognitive system, and decision science areas will elaborate on the fundamental challenges facing the research community and identify promising solutions paths. Case studies based on real world examples are provided throughout this book. Cyber Situational Awareness: Issues and Research is designed for a professional audience composed of government workers and practitioners working in the field of cyber security. Advanced-level students and researchers studying computer science will also find this book useful, as secondary text or a reference book.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I Overview of Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Cyber SA: Situation Awarness for Cyber Defense.
- Overview of Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Part II The Reasoning and Decision Making Aspects.
- based Hypothesis Reasoning for Cyber Situation Awareness.
- Uncertainty and Risk Management in Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Part III Macroscopic Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Employing Honeynets for Network Situational Awareness.
- Assessing Cybercrime Through the Eyes of the WOMBAT.
- Part IV Enterprise Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Topological Vulnerability Analysis.
- Layer Damage Assessment for Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Part V Microscopic Cyber Situational Awareness.
- A Declarative Framework for Intrusion Analysis.
- Automated Software Vulnerability Analysis.
- Part VI The Machine Learning Aspect.
- Machine Learning Methods for High Level Cyber Situational Awareness.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published