- Full Description
This authoritative collection introduces the reader to the state of the art in iris recognition technology. Topics and features: with a Foreword by the “father of iris recognition,” Professor John Daugman of Cambridge University; presents work from an international selection of preeminent researchers, reflecting the uses of iris recognition in many different social contexts; provides viewpoints from researchers in government, industry and academia, highlighting how iris recognition is both a thriving industry and an active research area; surveys previous developments in the field, and covers topics ranging from the low-level (e.g., physics of iris image acquisition) to the high level (e.g., alternative non-Daugman approaches to iris matching); introduces many active and open areas of research in iris recognition, including cross-wavelength matching and iris template aging. This book is an essential resource for anyone wishing to improve their understanding of iris recognition technology.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Handbook of Iris Recognition.
- A Survey of Iris Biometrics Research: 2008
- Standard Iris Storage Formats.
- Iris Quality Metrics for Adaptive Authentication.
- Quality and Demographic Investigation of ICE 2006.
- Iris Recognition with Taylor Expansion Features.
- A Theoretical Model For Describing Iris Dynamics.
- Iris Recognition in the Visible Wavelength.
- Multispectral Iris Fusion and Cross
- spectrum Matching.
- Robust and Secure Iris Recognition.
- Template Aging in Iris Biometrics.
- Fusion of Face and Iris Biometrics.
- Methods for Iris Segmentation.
- Introduction to the IrisCode Theory.
- Application of Correlation Filters for Iris Recognition.
- Reverse Engineering the Daugman Feature Encoding Scheme.
- Optics of Iris Imaging Systems.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published