- Full Description
This text provides a survey of the latest research into the Hough transform for line detection and its contemporary developments. Written with students in mind, this work can serve as a condensed textbook and as a reference for practitioners working in computer vision. The text also presents an overview and detailed elaboration of recent research related to PClines – a line parameterization based on parallel coordinates. A detailed analysis of the concept is given, including implementation details and measurements. One chapter discusses the detection of chessboard-like patterns, and sets of parallel lines and lines coincident with one (vanishing) point – a topic with many applications, such as 2D barcodes, aerial images, and architecture recognition. The work summarizes recent research in the field, and analyses new advances achieved using the PClines parameterization.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Review of Hough Transform for Line Detection.
- Variants of the Hough Transform for Straight Line Detection.
- Line Parameterization Based on Parallel Coordinates.
- Vanishing Points, Parallel Lines, Grids.
- Efficient Implementation of PClines.
- PClines Octave Implementation.
- Ratio in Matrix Form.
- Horizon Orientation and Resampling Function.
- Proof of the Equation for the Grid Lines.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published