- Full Description
GUI Design for Android Apps is the perfect—and concise—introduction for mobile app developers and designers. Through easy-to-follow tutorials, code samples, and case studies, the book shows the must-know principles for user-interface design for Android apps running on the Intel platform, including smartphones, tablets and embedded devices.
This book is jointly developed for individual learning by Intel Software College and China Shanghai JiaoTong University, and is excerpted from Android Application Development for the Intel® Platform.
What youll learn
- Key aspects of why UI and UX design for embedded systems is different than for desktops
- Troubleshooting UI design issues
- Understanding how key concepts such as state transition, context class, and intent work
- How to use the interface app design tools provided by Android
- Planning for complex apps (apps with multiple activities)
- Optimizing app design for touch screen input
Who this book is for
The book is primarily for app developers, software engineers and open-source programming enthusiasts, but can also be used by for training programs and Codeacademy-style programs.
- Table of Contents
Table of ContentsForeword/Preface
Chapter 1. General Overview
Chapter 2. The Android-Specific GUI
Chapter 3. Designing Complex Applications
Chapter 4. Self-Drawing Graphics and Touch Screen Input
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published