- Full Description
The Programmer's Guide to SQL provides an in-depth yet concise tutorial on the use of Structured Query Language (SQL). Once you've mastered the fundamentals, the book serves as a handy desktop reference on SQL usage, covering all of the major SQL statements that youll need when programming databases. It also comes complete with example code for five major database systems: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and Access.
In each case, the book demonstrates how the SQL standard is implemented (and and often extended) by each database system vendor.
The book also includes two complete case studies that show how to create and query the underlying database for a fully featured website, as well as how to implement role-based security in your applications. This book is ideal for any programmer, analyst, or database administrator in search of a SQL reference that also demonstrates how to use SQL to solve real business problems.
What youll learn
- Querying, modifying, and summarizing data using SQL functions
- Using complex nested queries and joins
- Programming database stored procedures, triggers, and views
- Creating tables, indexes, and other database objects
- Writing transaction-safe SQL
- Implementing basic database security
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published