- Full Description
ASP.NET 2.0 is Microsoft's principal standard for creating dynamic web pages on the Windows platform. ASP.NET 2.0 boasts a range of important new features that make it superior to any Windows web-presentation technology that has come before it. A few of these are:
- Masterpages let you define your sites look and feel once and apply it across all your web forms.
- Themes and skins make for easy customization of your sites look and feel. Generics these much vaunted new additions to the .NET Framework allow you to create a data structure without committing to a specific data type theyll revolutionize the way you code
- Personalization ASP.NET 2.0 makes it easier than ever before to create customized experiences tailored for individual users.
These, combined with improvements in everything from speed (ASP.NET 2.0 pages are faster to both write and serve), administration , data access, security and scalability make ASP.NET 2.0 the leading force in .NET web development.
Seasoned .NET professionals Matthew MacDonald and Mario Szpuszta explain how you can get the most from this ground-breaking new technology. They cover ASP.NET 2.0 as a whole, illustrating both the brand-new features and the functionality carried over from previous versions of ASP. This book will give you the knowledge you need to code real ASP.NET 2.0 application in the best possible style.
What youll learn
- Core concepts of ASP.NET 2.0. Why its special. What its fundamental principals are. The basics of Visual Studio. How ASP.NET 2.0 controls are created, and how they fit into ASP.NET 2.0 pages, ultimately creating full applications
- Data access details. The intricacies of ADO.NET 2.0 and how to perform data binding to many sourcesfrom databases, to file-streams, to XML
- Security. Once considered the Achilles heel of all Windows web applications, security has been completely revamped in ASP.NET 2.0. This section explains the various forms of available security, and how to best apply them
- Web Services. In an increasingly connected world, working with web services grows in importance. This book will show you how to work with them
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published