- Full Description
As a creative professional or interactive developer, youll be amazed at the exciting possibilities presented to you by the features available in Flash 8; but as a busy designer, we know you won't have as much time as youd like to explore these new additions. Never fear; this book wastes no time looking at timeline basics, tweens, or movie-publishing optionsit focuses exclusively on the new Flash 8 features, getting you quickly up to speed with a combination of illustrative tutorials, handy references, and inspirational examples.
By the end of the book, youll know that theres no shortage of new tools to enhance and inspire your Flash development; and since this book is written by some of the community's leading Flash experts, youll know youre in good hands. If youre looking to master Flash 8 with a minimum of time and effort, then this is the only book for you.
What youll learn
- Benefit from exciting new pixel-level control with the new BitmapData API
- Create stunning visual effects with filters and blend modes
- Add interactive video quickly and easily using cue points, video alpha channel support, and the industry-leading On2 VP6 codec
- Take advantage of speed enhancements with bitmap caching
- Communicate easily with browsers using the new ExternalInterface class
- Add support for uploading images directly from Flash 8 with the new File Reference class
- Take advantage of the new text field and drawing improvements
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published