- Full Description
Pro ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming shows you how to harness the ASP.NET technology to build websites that tackle real business needs. It provides ideas and practices that help reduce maintenance costs, decrease development time, and manage user perception. It discusses not only the technical implementation but the business reasoning behind the ideasusing real business situations, drawn directly from the authors extensive consulting experience.
Business application development projects routinely begin with limited resources, tight budgets, and constrained timelines. Many developers respond to this by starting their coding immediately, with the hope of maximizing their time. But its already been proven that the best way to finish projects on time and under budget is to invest some time up front to make the development project operate more smoothly and efficiently in the long run.
With this book, youll be able to exploit ASP.NET 2.0 to its full potential, and provide your users and customers with websites that are intuitive, secure, and high performing.
What youll learn
This book shows you how to build reusable components to reduce the overall amount of code you need to write, and to keep the user experience consistent. If you have a basic knowledge of ASP.NET, VB.NET, and Visual Studio then this book will also show you how to:
- Create reusable services and controls to manage common web tasks, such as logging in and displaying important customer information
- Manage different types of data, including files
- Build portals using the web parts framework
- Create a simple but effective reporting framework
- Develop a SQL tool for easy data searching
- Implement encryption and security strategies to protect your application and your customer's data
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published