- Full Description
A guide to attracting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring the best technical talent.
- A comprehensive system for hiring topnotch technical employees
- Packed with useful information and specific advice written in a breezy, humorous style
- Learn how to find great peopleand get them to work for youin an afternoon!
The top software developers are ten times more productiveÂ than average developers. Ten times. You cant afford not to hire them. But if you havent been reading Joel Spolskys books or blog, you probably dont know how to find them and make them want to work for you.
In this brief book, Joel reveals all his secretsfrom his years at Microsoft, and as the cofounder of Fog Creek Softwarefor recruiting the best developers in the world.
If youve ever wondered what you should be looking for in a resume, if youve ever struggled to decide whether to hire someone at the end of an interview, or if youre wondering why you cant find great programmers, stop everything and read this book.
What youll learn
- How to create a pipeline of excellent developers using internshipsand why this is not optional
- How to build a workplace where the best programmers want to work
- The secrets to reading resumes, interviewing technical people, and deciding when to make an offer
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Hitting the High Notes
- Finding Great Developers
- A Field Guide to Developers
- Sorting Resumes
- The Phone Screen
- The Guerrilla Guide to Interviewing
- Fixing Suboptimal Teams
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published