- Full Description
Whatever your situation, one thing is certain: you will always know what you want to do, but not necessarily how best to do it. This book has been written to help you through those difficult decisions and is an invaluable companion when tackling a wide range of Visual Basic 2005 problems.
Mastering .NET development is as much about understanding the functionality of the .NET Framework as it is about the syntax and grammar of your chosen language. Visual Basic 2005 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach recognizes this fine balance. This book meets your need for fast, effective solutions to the difficulties you encounter in your coding projects.
The recipes have been chosen with professional developers in mind and feature a careful balance of code and text. The code gives you everything you need to solve the problem at hand, while the accompanying text carefully explains how it solves your problem and, more importantly, why it works the way it does.
What youll learn
- Solutions to the most common development problems that real people meet in the field day-to-day
- How to use the .NET 2.0 namespaces to your best advantage
- To understand coding issues from a Visual Basic perspective, including VB features such as the My namespace often neglected in C#-centric texts
- Answers to everything from application domains to XML processing, passing through graphics, database access, and security along the way!
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ), a feature of the 2007 release of Visual Studio
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who uses Visual Basic 2005. If you've ever stopped midline and wondered how you're going to finish the expression, or found yourself struggling with a complex piece of logic while wondering if youre reinventing the .NET wheel, this book is for you. It provides the succinct nuggets of information that you need to get the job done.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published