- Full Description
Apache Struts has long provided Java developers with a powerful framework for building extensible, maintainable web applications. Yet the version 2 release takes developers capabilities to the next level, having integrated Ajax support, the ability to easily integration with the Spring framework, and the ability to take full advantage of POJOs. Practical Apache Struts 2 Web 2.0 Projects shows you how to capitalize upon these features to build nextgeneration web applications that both enthrall and empower your users.
- Gain an indepth understanding of the Struts framework, with special attention paid to key version 2 features
- Learn how to take advantage of Web 2.0 concepts alongside Struts 2 to build nextgeneration web sites
- Follow along with the introduction of important concepts and development techniques by way of a web site project closely resembling what you might encounter in any enterprise environment
What youll learn
- Build a practical Struts 2 Web 2.0enabled application project from the ground up
- Enable participation by manipulating data
- Share data by implementing powerful search utilities
- Syndicate web content created using RSS and REST
- Discover advanced features available in Struts 2 web framework
- Integrate Ajax frameworks to produce userfriendly, responsive interfaces
- Integrate and use Struts 2 with other frameworks such as Spring to form a broader enterprise Java application stack
Who this book is for
Developers who want a handson practical book demonstrating how Web 2.0 features are implemented in Struts 2. The audience could range from beginner to advanced, as the configuration and basic framework usage will be explained, as well as the advanced extension features. The book would also appeal to developers who wish to understand the Web 2.0 development paradigm from an implementation standpoint.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page 15:The mvn archetype:create... command appears to be out of date. It looks like the repository locations have changed or something.