- Full Description
Want to take Ruby to the limit? Looking for new, powerful, and creative ideas that will take Ruby beyond Rails and web programming? If youre comfortable with Ruby, youll be itching to go furtherapply Practical Ruby Projects: Ideas for the Eclectic Programmer and become a master of advanced Ruby techniques.
Rubyist Topher Cyll brings several imaginative projects to this book, ranging from making generative music, animations, and turnbased games to implementing simulations, algorithms, and even an implementation of Lisp!
Art, music, theory, and gamesthis book has it all. Best of all, its all done with Ruby.
Each chapter, in addition to making you say CoolI hadnt thought of that before, looks at solving tricky development problems, enforces best practices, and encourages creative thinking. Youll be building your own exciting, imaginative ruby projects in no time.
- Create imaginative and innovative Ruby programming projects
- Learn how to solve tricky development problems, be guided by best practices, and be inspired to think creatively
- Dont waste time on the basicsits assumed you know the fundamentals of Ruby already
What youll learn
- How to set up Ruby on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
- How to create UIs with RubyCocoa
- How to create a Lisp implementation in Ruby
- How to create generative music and turnbased adventure games in Ruby
- How to model things and create algorithms in Ruby
- Several more Ruby best practices and programming techniques that will save you hours of programming time
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has mastered the basics of Ruby and wants to learn advanced Ruby techniques.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Making Music with Ruby
- Animating Ruby
- 4 Pocket Change: Simulating Coin Systems with Ruby
- Turn-Based Strategy in Ruby
- Genetic Algorithms in Ruby
- Implementing Lisp in Ruby
- Parsing in Ruby
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published