- Full Description
In this book, all the major and frontier topics in the field of document analysis are brought together into a single volume creating a unique reference source. Highlights include: - Document structure analysis followed by OCR of Japanese, Tibetan and Indian printed scripts. - Online and offline handwritten text recognition approaches; - Japanese postal and Arabic check processing; - Document image quality modelling, mathematical expression recognition, graphics recognition, document information retrieval, super resolution text, metadata extraction in digital library; - Biometric and forensic aspects: individuality of handwriting detection; - Web document analysis, text and hypertext mining and bank check data mining. Containing chapters written by some of the most eminent researchers active in this field, this book can serve as a handbook for the research scholar as well as a supporting book for advanced graduate students interested in document processing or image analysis.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Reading Systems: An Introduction to Digital Document Processing.
- Document Structure and Layout Analysis.
- OCR Technologies for Machine Printed and Hand Printed Japanese Text.
- font Printed Tibetan OCR.
- An OCR of a Printed Indian Script.
- A Bayesian Network Approach for Online Handwriting Recognition.
- New Advances and New Challenges in on
- line Handwriting Recognition and Electronic Ink Management.
- line Roman Cursive Handwriting Recognition.
- Robustness Design of Industrial Strength Recognition Systems.
- Arabic Cheque Processing System: Issues and Future Trends.
- OCR of Printed Mathematical Expressions.
- The State of the Art of Document Image Degradation Modeling.
- Advances in Graphics Recognition.
- An Introduction to Super
- resolution Text.
- Metadata Extraction from Bibliographic Documents for Digital Library.
- Document Information Retrieval.
- Biometric and Forensic Aspects of Digital Document Processing.
- Web Document Analysis.
- Semantic Structure analysis of Web Documents.
- Bank Check Data Mining.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published