- Full Description
This book covers the relationship between information and communication technologies (ICTs) and communities – both physical and virtual. The chapters deal with such subjects as online social network communities, implicit online communities, tools for researching communities, user generated content communities, communities of practice, and trust in communities. Among the many contexts for community technology applications studied in these chapters are businesses and professional settings, health care, game communities, e-government, rural communities, low income communities and physical neighborhoods. Collectively, they demonstrate the dynamic and interdisciplinary nature of evolving communities and technologies scholarship.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Everything in Moderation: The Effects of Adult Moderators in Online Youth Communities.
- Introductions and Requests: Rhetorical Strategies that Elicit Response in Online Communities.
- Rhythms of Social Interaction: Messaging within a Massive Online Network.
- A Noun Phrase Analysis Tool for Mining Online Community Conversations.
- Reflections and Reactions to Social Accounting Meta
- Modes of Social Science Engagement in Community Infrastructure Design.
- Workplace Connectors as Facilitators for Work.
- Online and Offline Integration in Virtual Communities of Patients – an Empirical Analysis.
- Life in the Times of Whypox: A Virtual Epidemic as a Community Event.
- Communities of Practice in MMORPGs: an Entry Point into Addiction?
- Factors Affecting User Participation in Video UCC (User Created Contents) Services.
- A Socio
- Technical Approach for Topic Community Member Selection.
- Tracking Online Collaborative Work as Representational Practice: Analysis and Tool.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published