- Full Description
This book presents a comprehensive discussion on the field of distributed constraints, its algorithms and its active research areas. The well defined model of distributed constraints satisfaction and optimization (DisCSPs/DisCOPs) can serve as the basis for the design and investigation of distributed search algorithms, of protocols and of negotiations and search. The book introduces distributed constraint satisfaction and optimization problems and describes the underlying model. Presenting a complete state of the art in DisCSP and DisCOP research, the following topics are explored: - Families of search algorithms on DisCSPs and DisCOPs; - Distributed constraint optimization; - Ordering Heuristics for DisCSP algorithms; - Performance measures; - Impact of communication quality on distributed search; - Privacy issues; - Non exhaustive search algorithms on DisCSPs; - Applications of DisCSPs. This thorough exposition of the many elements of distributed search algorithms for DisCSPs and DisCOPs will be an invaluable read for both researchers and practitioners.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction. Constraints Satisfaction Problems: CSPs.
- Constraints Optimization Problems: COPs.
- Distributed CSPs.
- Asynchronous Backtracking (ABT).
- Asynchronous Forward – Checking.
- Concurrent Dynamic Backtracking.
- Distributed Ordering Heuristics.
- Asynchronous Ordering Heuristics.
- Performance Measures for Distributed Search.
- Experimental Evaluation of DisCSP Algorithms.
- The Impact of Communication: Message Delays.
- Message Delays and DisCSP Search Algorithms.
- Distributed Constraint Optimization Problems (DisCOPs).
- Asynchronous Search in DisCOPs.
- Asynchronous Forward
- Extending AFB: BackJumping.
- Empirical Evaluation of DisCOP Algorithms.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published