- Full Description
The development of an information theory for stochastic service guarantee analysis has been identified as a grand challenge for future networking research. Towards it, Stochastic Network Calculus, the probabilistic version or generalization of the (deterministic) Network Calculus, has been recognized by researchers as a crucial step. This book is devoted to a comprehensive treatment of this active research area, which covers the results from the authors as well as other researchers in this area. This book presents an overall picture for the state of the art of stochastic QoS analysis research by providing basic introductory material on the subject as well as discussing the most recent research in the area. Topics covered include Traffic Models and Server Models for Stochastic Network Calculus, and Independent Case Analysis and its applications. Researchers and graduates in the area of performance evaluation of computer communication networks will benefit hugely from this comprehensive volume.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Deterministic Network Calculus.
- Traffic Models for Stochastic Network Calculus.
- Server Models for Stochastic Network Calculus.
- Basic Properties of Stochastic Network Calculus.
- Independent Case Analysis.
- Analysis on Scheduling Disciplines.
- Traffic Conformance Study.
- LRD Isolation in Generalized Processor Sharing.
- Appendix: Open Research Challenges.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published