- Full Description
There are many areas of science and engineering where three-dimensional (3-D) discrete data are collected and analyzed, such as medical imaging and geoscience. To design and to prove the validity of computational procedures for processing and analysis of such data, the need for a mathematical theory and algorithms for image processing is essential. Self-contained, accessible, and mathematically precise, this book serves as an introduction to the field of 3-D digital image processing, providing information that can be used immediately in practical algorithms for the analysis of 3-D data sets. By presenting problems of processing and analysis of practical 3-D data sets, readers will find the descriptions clear and accessible as concepts and methods are carefully introduced, defined, and illustrated with examples. A key textbook for graduates and resource for all working in areas of multidimensional image processing and analysis, this book is also excellent for self-study for practitioners in the field of 3-D digital image processing.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Introduction.
- Models of Images and Image Operations.
- Continuous and Digitized Images.
- Model of Image Operations.
- Algorithm of Image Operations.
- Local Processing of 3D Images.
- Classification of Local Operations.
- Smoothing Filter.
- Difference Filter.
- Differential Features of Curved Surface.
- Geometric Properties of Three
- Dimensional Digitized Images.
- Neighbourhood and Connectivity.
- Simplex and Simplicious Decomposition.
- Local Patterns and their Characterization.
- Calculation of the Euler Number.
- Algorithm of Binary Image Processing.
- Labeling of a Connected Component.
- Distance Transformation and Skeleton.
- Algorithms for Processing Connected Components with Gray Values.
- Distance Transformation of a Gray
- Tone Image.
- Thinning of a Gray
- Tone Image.
- Visualization of 3D Gray
- Tone Images.
- Concept of Visualization Based upon Ray Casting (1) – Projection of a Point.
- Concept of Visualization Based on Ray Casting (2) – Manipulation of Density Values.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published