- Full Description
This innovative book discusses engineering solutions for the automatic understanding of a complex scene via multi-modal arrays of sensors. It focuses on research dealing with robotic platforms that augment an environment. In particular, it considers the study of information fusion methods, the study of algorithms for ontology learning from tabula rasa information and the integration of new types of sensors into existing networks of heterogeneous sensors. It also concentrates on the development and deployment of fielded solutions in public spaces and the evaluation of systems. Intelligent Environments explores artificial intelligence techniques, essential for implementing AmI systems. Applications including intelligent environments (smart homes, smart public spaces e.g. airports, museums, etc), ubiquitous computing and wearable devices are also covered. This broad-ranging state-of-the-art volume will be of interest to researchers in academia and industry as well as practitioners and graduate students.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Intelligent Environments: Methods, Algorithms and Applications.
- A Pervasive Sensor System for Evidence
- based Nursing Care Support.
- Anomalous Behaviour Detection:Supporting Independent Living.
- Sequential Pattern Mining for Cooking
- Support Robot.
- Robotic Sensory and Problem Solving Ingredients for the Future Home.
- Ubiquitous Stereo Vision for Human Sensing.
- Augmenting Professional Training, an Ambient Intelligence Approach.
- Stereo Omni
- directional System (SOS) and its Applications.
- Video Analysis for Ambient Intelligence in Urban Environments.
- From Monomodal to Multimodal: Affect Recognition Using Visual Modalities.
- Importance of Vision in: Understanding Speech Using Robot Vision and Demonstrating Proper Actions to Human Vision.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published