- Full Description
Where does interaction design come from? What foundations are relevant today? In this book, internationally renowned scholars and designers explore how the avant-garde ambitions of the 1920-30s Bauhaus to re-align new technology with emerging social needs combines with a more contemporary sensitivity to participation and the social creativity inherent in the modern digital design materials. 'These creators of the Digital Bauhaus pose here the key questions for our profession and our society and they offer thought-provoking avenues for each reader to follow.' Terry Winograd, editor of 'Bringing Design to Software' 'The papers together explore the possibilities for creating an 'aesthetic-technical production orientation' that recontextualizes technology as skilled practice, as always political, and as best created through sustained engagements among people, and between people and things.' Lucy Suchman, author of 'Plans and Situated Action'
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction: (Re
- )Programming Interaction Design.
- From Utopia 1981 to Utopia 2008.
- HCI and Design: Uncomfortable Bedfellows?.
- Constructing Utopia(s) in Situ: Daring to be Different.
- Tradition and Transcendence.
- Designing From Somewhere: A Located, Relational and Transformational View of Design.
- On Participation and Service Innovation.
- The Phenomenological Stance of the Designer.
- Designing for Homo Ludens, Still.
- Gaming Literacy: Game Design as a Model for Literacy in the 21st Century.
- On a Scale Between Art and Design : On the Aesthetics of Function From the Bauhaus Until Today.
- Appropriating Digital Environments
- )Constructing the Physical Through the Digital.
- Designed Animism.
- In Search of a Critical Stance.
- A Science of the Possible: A New Practice in the Spirit of Bauhaus.
- Work, Design, Computers, Artifacts.
- The Everyday Poetics of a Digital Bauhaus.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published