- Full Description
An increasing number of systems are exploiting mixed reality but to date there are no systematic methods, techniques or guidelines for the development of such systems. In bringing together contributions on a broad range of mixed reality development issues this book provides a sound theoretical foundation for a disciplined approach to mixed reality engineering. Divided into three parts: interaction design, software design and implementation, the first section covers generic and specific mixed reality design elements and provides an overview of the design method; Part 2 addresses technical solutions for interaction techniques, development tools and a global view of the mixed reality software development process. The final section contains detailed case studies to highlight the application of mixed reality in a variety of fields including aviation, architecture, emergency management, games, and healthcare.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- An Integrated Framework for Mixed Systems.
- A Holistic Approach to Design and Evaluation of Mixed Reality Systems.
- Embedded Mixed Reality Environments.
- The Semantic Environment.
- Tangible Interaction in Mixed Reality Systems.
- Designing a Mixed Reality Intergenerational Entertainment System.
- Induced Presence in Mixed Reality Environments and Related Technology.
- An Exploration of Exertion in Mixed Reality Systems via the ‘Table Tennis for Three’ Game.
- Developing Mixed Interactive Systems.
- Designing Outdoor Mixed Reality Hardware Systems.
- Multimodal Excitatory Interfaces with Automatic Content Classification.
- Management of Tracking for Mixed and Augmented Reality Systems.
- Authoring Immersive Mixed Reality Experiences.
- A Software Engineering Method for the Design of Mixed Reality Systems.
- Enhancing Health Care Services with Mixed Reality Systems.
- The eXperience Induction Machine.
- The RoboCup Mixed Reality League.
- Mixed Reality Prototypes to Support Early Creative Design.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published