- Full Description
Many of the changes occurring within medicine are being catalyzed by the proliferation of professional and social activity with the internet and mobile technology. Understanding how healthcare is being transformed by IT is key to improving medical standards and reducing cost. The synergy between computer technology and medical services has brought with it the promise of essential changes in existing models of care delivery. This book presents the current and future trends in the transformation of healthcare services in the Information Society Era and addresses the priorities within international informatics. The authors have provided an in-depth study of internet-enhanced healthcare services, while mobile technology is also reviewed in the context of modern wireless technologies. The book is illustrated by numerous examples and provides a complete and thorough survey of the most promising e-health technologies, making this a valuable set of telecare solutions for modern informatics practice.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Evolution of IT
- Enhanced Healthcare: from Telemedicine to e
- Access Technologies in Telecare.
- Internet Technologies in Medical Systems.
- Security and Safety of Telemedical Systems.
- Wireless Systems in e
- Relevance of Terminological Standards and Services in Telemedicine.
- Electronic Health Records.
- Decision Support Systems in Medicine.
- Health Telematics Networks.
- IT Applications for Remote Testing of Hearing.
- Model of Chronic Care Enabled with Information Technology.
- Computer Aided Interventions.
- Biosignal Monitoring and Recording.
- Enhancing Medical Education through Telelearning.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published