- Full Description
The 4x4 Project invited four leading designers, celebrated for their experimental work in 3D, to create new pieces on the theme of "Geometry and Chaos".
- Brian Taylor is the creator of Rustboy.com and XL5design.com
- Nathan Flood is the creator of Nginco.com
- Tom Muller is the creator of XimeraLabs.com
- Dave Smith is the creator of DeepSeat.net
In this book, you'll find the information and the inspiration to bend tools to your own ends. The designers describe how they use applications like 3ds max, Carrara Studio, and Strata 3D to create the components for their final images, before processing them with Photoshop to add depth, color, texture, and complexity.
This book immerses the reader in the four phases of the process:
- Theory: personal accounts of the creative process, manifestos, diaries, mental sketchbooks, and associated ephemera
- "Geometry and Chaos": the finished original art works
- Process: detailed, first-hand technical descriptions of the creation of each piece, along with original source files on the accompanying CD
- Noise and interference: the four designers discuss, sample, and remix their colleagues' work
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published