- Full Description
Final Cut Pro is Apple's offering to the digital revolution, as it grabs a larger chunk of the future of the film industry. Final Cut Pro 3 increases the power accessible to filmmakers from their own computers, and provides extra features previously available only in more expensive suites.
This book provides editors, producers, and consumers with a definitive guide to post-production using version 3 of Final Cut Pro. It also documents four of the most popular delivery formats: Broadcast, DVD, the Internet, and film, and explains how they effect the workflow in the edit bay.
The book covers:
- The professional features of Final Cut Pro's interface
- The many third-party hardware/software enhancements such as Boris FX, 3DInvigorator, Contour Shuttlepro and Post-Op color-coded keyboards
- Creating a proper EDL for film and 24p projects using Final Cut Pro 3 and such products as FilmLogic
- How to color correct in Final Cut Pro for consistency, as well as to achieve new effects and styles
- How to output projects for film, television, DVD and the Internet
- Media management tools for compression and transfer, and when to use them
- Using Offline RT for Real-time editing, both on a desktop and on a Powerbook G4
- Creating titles with the Real-time Text generators
- Using Real-time filters and transitions to achieve amazing effects
- Special techniques and power-user secrets that take Final Cut Pro 3 beyond the boundaries stated by Apple (like how to accelerate RT effects on lower-end G4 machines)
- How to program your own unique effects using the FXBuilder
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published