- Full Description
Final Cut Pro is Apple's offering to the digital revolution, as it grabs a larger chunk of the future of the film industry. Final Cut Pro 3 increases the power accessible to filmmakers from their own computers, and provides extra features previously available only in more expensive suites.
This book provides editors, producers, and consumers with a definitive guide to post-production using version 3 of Final Cut Pro. It also documents four of the most popular delivery formats: Broadcast, DVD, the Internet, and film, and explains how they effect the workflow in the edit bay.
The book covers:
- The professional features of Final Cut Pro's interface
- The many third-party hardware/software enhancements such as Boris FX, 3DInvigorator, Contour Shuttlepro and Post-Op color-coded keyboards
- Creating a proper EDL for film and 24p projects using Final Cut Pro 3 and such products as FilmLogic
- How to color correct in Final Cut Pro for consistency, as well as to achieve new effects and styles
- How to output projects for film, television, DVD and the Internet
- Media management tools for compression and transfer, and when to use them
- Using Offline RT for Real-time editing, both on a desktop and on a Powerbook G4
- Creating titles with the Real-time Text generators
- Using Real-time filters and transitions to achieve amazing effects
- Special techniques and power-user secrets that take Final Cut Pro 3 beyond the boundaries stated by Apple (like how to accelerate RT effects on lower-end G4 machines)
- How to program your own unique effects using the FXBuilder
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published