- Full Description
At a time when business demands urge companies to innovate and CIOs face increasing cost pressures, offshore delivery offers the opportunity to industrialize the implementation processes for system harmonization, consolidation, and enhancement, thereby realizing substantial cost savings and quality improvements. Rightshore® - a registered trademark of Capgemini - is about organizing the distributed delivery process that embraces on-site, nearshore and offshore services. This book describes successful global delivery models utilizing industrialized methods to deliver SAP® projects from India. While the first part is devoted to management concepts, service offerings and the peculiarities of working together with India, the second part features eight case studies from different industries and from around the world describing how India delivery centers have been successfully deployed in SAP® development projects.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I – Aspects of Offshoring to India.
- 1) The Rightshore® Model (Frank Thun)
- 2) Offshoring in India – Opportunities and Risks (Wolfgang Messner)
- 3) Economic and Business Effects of IT Offshoring (Wolfgang Messner, Stephan Weinert)
- 4) Industrialization of Application Implementation (Frank Thun)
- 5) Offshore ERP Services (Anja Hendel)
- 6) Transforming the Front
- Office (Frank Thun) – 7) Intercultural Aspects of Project Management in India (Wolfgang Messner)
- 8) Managing from a Distance: Virtual Delegations to India (Dirk Holtbrügge, Katrin Schillo)
- 9) How to Start a Rightshore® Project (Ole Samuelsen).
- Part II
- Case Studies for Rightshore® Projects.
- 10) Case Study: A New Sales Planning Platform for the Automotive Supplier Industry (Reinhard Haerle)
- 11) Case Study: Remote (Cécile Maupas)
- 12) Case Study: Testing for the Utilities Sector (Amit Ghag)
- 13) Case Study: Preparation of Training Material for Manufacturing Industries (Dinesh Agrawal, Denys Auroy)
- 14) Case Study: Software Development for a Global Manufacturing Company (Anja Hendel)
- 15) Case Study: Data Migration for a Global Semiconductors Manufacturer (Anand Kantawala)
- 16) Case Study: Distributed Delivery of an SAP Solution at a US Life Science Company (Kent Bracken, John Carlucci)
- 17) Case Study: Management Learnings for Distributed Delivery from a Major Engagement in the CPR Industry (Prasad Acharya, Vijaya Chintada, Nitin Garg, Jeetendra Jha).
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published