- Full Description
Decision makers in large scale interconnected network systems require simulation models for decision support. The behaviour of these systems is determined by many actors, situated in a dynamic, multi-actor, multi-objective and multi-level environment. How can such systems be modelled and how can the socio-technical complexity be captured? Agent-based modelling is a proven approach to handle this challenge. This book provides a practical introduction to agent-based modelling of socio-technical systems, based on a methodology that has been developed at TU Delft and which has been deployed in a large number of case studies. The book consists of two parts: the first presents the background, theory and methodology as well as practical guidelines and procedures for building models. In the second part this theory is applied to a number of case studies, where for each model the development steps are presented extensively, preparing the reader for creating own models.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Prof Nigel Gilbert.
- Preface by the editors.
- 1 Introduction; G.P.J. Dijkema, Z. Lukszo and M.P.C. Weijnen.
- Part I Theory and practice.
- 2 Theory; I. Nikolic and J. Kasmire.
- 3 Practice; I. Nikolic, K.H. van Dam and J. Kasmire.
- Part II Case Studies.
- 4 Introduction to the Case Studies; K.H. van Dam, I. Nikolic and Z. Lukszo.
- 5 Agent
- Based Models of Supply Chains; B. Behdani, K.H. van Dam and Z. Lukszo.
- 6 An Agent
- Based Model of Consumer Lighting; E.J.L. Chappin and M.R. Afman.
- 7 An Agent
- based Model of CO2 Policies and Electricity Generation; E.J.L. Chappin and G.P.J. Dijkema.
- 8 An Agent
- Based Model of a Mobile Phone Production, Consumption and Recycling Network; L.A. Bollinger, C.B. Davis and I. Nikolic.
- 9 Next Steps in Modelling Socio
- Technical Systems: Towards Collaborative Modelling; A. Chmieliauskas, C.B. Davis and L.A. Bollinger.
- List of Contributors.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published