- Full Description
Decision makers in large scale interconnected network systems require simulation models for decision support. The behaviour of these systems is determined by many actors, situated in a dynamic, multi-actor, multi-objective and multi-level environment. How can such systems be modelled and how can the socio-technical complexity be captured? Agent-based modelling is a proven approach to handle this challenge. This book provides a practical introduction to agent-based modelling of socio-technical systems, based on a methodology that has been developed at TU Delft and which has been deployed in a large number of case studies. The book consists of two parts: the first presents the background, theory and methodology as well as practical guidelines and procedures for building models. In the second part this theory is applied to a number of case studies, where for each model the development steps are presented extensively, preparing the reader for creating own models.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Prof Nigel Gilbert.
- Preface by the editors.
- 1 Introduction; G.P.J. Dijkema, Z. Lukszo and M.P.C. Weijnen.
- Part I Theory and practice.
- 2 Theory; I. Nikolic and J. Kasmire.
- 3 Practice; I. Nikolic, K.H. van Dam and J. Kasmire.
- Part II Case Studies.
- 4 Introduction to the Case Studies; K.H. van Dam, I. Nikolic and Z. Lukszo.
- 5 Agent
- Based Models of Supply Chains; B. Behdani, K.H. van Dam and Z. Lukszo.
- 6 An Agent
- Based Model of Consumer Lighting; E.J.L. Chappin and M.R. Afman.
- 7 An Agent
- based Model of CO2 Policies and Electricity Generation; E.J.L. Chappin and G.P.J. Dijkema.
- 8 An Agent
- Based Model of a Mobile Phone Production, Consumption and Recycling Network; L.A. Bollinger, C.B. Davis and I. Nikolic.
- 9 Next Steps in Modelling Socio
- Technical Systems: Towards Collaborative Modelling; A. Chmieliauskas, C.B. Davis and L.A. Bollinger.
- List of Contributors.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published