- Full Description
With the millions of apps in the crowded Apple iTunes App Store, it can be difficult to get your apps noticed. How can you make your app stand out from the crowd and get it the reviews it deserves?
iOS Wow Factor shows you how to get noticed! It explains how to go beyond the basics and where to "break the rules" to give your users a "wow" experience! You'll learn to use standard controls, as well as to create non-standard controls and high-impact custom interactions to realize truly compelling app designs.
Get grounded in Apple's Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) so that you can appreciate all its wisdom. From that excellent foundation, move beyond the HIG and learn how to ensure that all your apps have that "wow" factor. Learn all about user experience (UX) design techniques, with and beyond Apple's HIG, and how to move your apps out of mundane design and into innovative user experiences. Examine the characteristics and constraints of the iOS platform and how to leverage its strengths to maximum effect in your apps.
iOS Wow Factor explains what makes a successful mobile app design, and how to apply those principles of success to your own apps. Once you get the iOS Wow Factor into your apps, you can watch your app adoption rate increase and gain the traction it needs to succeed and earn a profit in the Apple iTunes App Store.
Find out everything you'll need to "wow" your future customers!
What youll learn
- The purpose and uses of the Apple iOS Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), and what it means to you as an app designer or developer
- How to move beyond the recommendations and guidelines of HIG and considerations for creating a successful app
- Techniques and methods for creating compelling apps that are easy to use, entertaining and noticeable in a crowded marketplace
- How to design for a capacitive touchscreen
- Interaction design best practices
- How to create a successful mobile app and user experience (UX)
Who this book is for
Anyone looking to move beyond the basics of iOS application design to create an application with a "wow" factor!
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Putting the iOS Human Interface Guidelines in Context
- Deconstructing the iOS User Experience
- User Experience Differentiation and Strategy
- The Killer App
- Leveraging iOS Capability for Optimal User Experience
- Interaction Modeling and Creation of Novel Concepts
- Control Mapping and Touchscreen Ergonomics
- Ease of Use and Feature Automation
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published