- Full Description
In over 100 pages, you will learn to create and use widgets using Dashcode. Widgets are simple, typically small applications for a specific purpose, such as a weather report, a calculator, a stock quote, and the like that reside on the Mac Dashboard. Building these before Dashcode was time consuming though not hard; but now, you can whip up a Widget fast. Creating Mac Widgets with Dashcode teaches you how.
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- The fast and easy way to learn to build Widgets. Youll be building Widgets in an hour.
- Dashcode makes widget development simple.
What youll learn
- Basics of Dashcode development
- Using templates
- Including user input in your Widget
- Using scripting with your Widget
- Importing data into your Widget
Who this book is for
Anyone interested in taking a shot at doing widgets. Widgets are easy and are quite popular, so there are a lot of hackers interested in doing it. Widgets can be built for a users specific needs, and you dont need to be a programmer to do it.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Widgets in a Hurry
- Widgets Without Worry: Using Dashcode
- Widget Templates: Thinking Out of the Box
- Your Widgets: Over the Top
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published