- Full Description
This authoritative collection introduces the reader to the state of the art in iris recognition technology. Topics and features: with a Foreword by the “father of iris recognition,” Professor John Daugman of Cambridge University; presents work from an international selection of preeminent researchers, reflecting the uses of iris recognition in many different social contexts; provides viewpoints from researchers in government, industry and academia, highlighting how iris recognition is both a thriving industry and an active research area; surveys previous developments in the field, and covers topics ranging from the low-level (e.g., physics of iris image acquisition) to the high level (e.g., alternative non-Daugman approaches to iris matching); introduces many active and open areas of research in iris recognition, including cross-wavelength matching and iris template aging. This book is an essential resource for anyone wishing to improve their understanding of iris recognition technology.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Handbook of Iris Recognition.
- A Survey of Iris Biometrics Research: 2008
- Standard Iris Storage Formats.
- Iris Quality Metrics for Adaptive Authentication.
- Quality and Demographic Investigation of ICE 2006.
- Iris Recognition with Taylor Expansion Features.
- A Theoretical Model For Describing Iris Dynamics.
- Iris Recognition in the Visible Wavelength.
- Multispectral Iris Fusion and Cross
- spectrum Matching.
- Robust and Secure Iris Recognition.
- Template Aging in Iris Biometrics.
- Fusion of Face and Iris Biometrics.
- Methods for Iris Segmentation.
- Introduction to the IrisCode Theory.
- Application of Correlation Filters for Iris Recognition.
- Reverse Engineering the Daugman Feature Encoding Scheme.
- Optics of Iris Imaging Systems.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published