- Full Description
Pro JSF and HTML5 shows you how to leverage the full potential of JavaServer Faces (JSF) and HTML5. This book is for Java developers who aspire to build sophisticated, enterprise-grade web experiences with HTML5-enabled JSF. Written by JSF experts and verified by established community figures, this book will serve as your primary resource, helping you build or integrate well-designed HTML5-enabled JSF components into your rich internet applications.
Pro JSF and HTML5 starts by giving you a firm grounding in the design principles of component-based frameworks and the basics of JSF. It then details recent advancements in JSF 2.2 that make it friendlier, faster, and more productive than ever before. And it covers HTML5-enabled components, integration with JEE7 standards, 3rd party component libraries, security, and performance. The book concludes with a real-world application that puts everything you learned into practice.
In this book you’ll learn
Foundational JSF topics such as the component life cycle, framework architecture, managed beans and CDI, expression language, conversion and validation, JSF events and view parameters.
Leveraging new features in JSF 2.2 such as Faces Flow, Resource Library Contracts, and Ajax file uploading.
Developing Advanced HTML5 enabled components in JSF 2.2.
Creating JSF 2.2 applications that utilize Java EE 7 technologies (CDI, JPA 2.1 and EJB 3.2) for bean management, transaction management and persistence.
Building advanced real-world JSF applications with considerations for security, performance, and usability.
If you’re a Java developer interested in the world of component-based frameworks, Pro JSF and HTML5 is for you.
What youll learn
- Foundational JSF topics such as the component life cycle, framework architecture, managed beans and CDI (Context and Dependency Injection), expression language, exception handling, conversion and validation, JSF events (faces events, phase events and system events), and view parameters.
- Utilizing new features in JSF 2.2 such as Faces Flow, Resource Library Contracts, and Ajax file uploading.
- Developing Advanced HTML5 enabled components in JSF 2.2.
- Developing PrimeFaces and RichFaces applications.
- Developing JSF 2.2 applications that utilize Java EE 7 technologies (CDI, JPA 2.1 and EJB 3.2) in order to facilitate bean management, transaction management and persistence.
- Unit testing JSF applications.
- Stateless JSF views.
- Implementing Security in JSF applications.
- Tuning the performance of JSF applications.
- Translating application requirements into a model and then implementing the model using JSF 2.2 and Java EE 7 technologies.
Who this book is for
This is a tutorial and reference is for both intermediate and experienced Java enterprise and web application developers.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents01. JSF Introduction
02. JSF Under the Hood - Part 1
03. JSF Under the Hood - Part 2
04. JSF Under the Hood - Part 3
05. JSF2.2: What's New?
06. Going Deep: JSF Custom Components
07. Basic JSF2 HTML5 Components
08. Advanced JSF2 HTML5 Components
09. JSF Component Libraries
10. Creating a Basic JSF2.2 Application
11. JSF2 Advanced Topics
12. JSF2 Security and Performance
13. Applying it All: The Mega App
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published