- Full Description
Author Paul Getty has seen thousands of brilliant founding CEOs present to angel investors, venture capitalists, and institutional investors. And he has seen thousands of them fail in their quest for the money they sincerely believed would lead to entrepreneurial success and riches for all. Again and again, he watched would-be tech titans fail to create a good first impression, deliver poor presentations, tell lengthy stories that put investors to sleep, and fail to address the critical issues sophisticated investors are most eager to hear about.
If only they'd read The Twelve Magic Slides: Insider Secrets for Raising Growth Capital. Getty's slide topics—developed while coaching hundreds of company founders to fundraising success—cover each of the twelve key themes investors want to know about in depth before they part with their hard-earned money: the problem you see, your solution to it, the resulting business opportunity, the amount of money you need to grow the firm, and the potential returns for investors, among others. Getty, managing director of Satwik Capital Advisors in San Jose, California, shows that properly developing each slide—and the thinking behind it—can get you the investment capital required to vault your company to the next level.
But The Twelve Magic Slides is more than a book about how raise money from professional investors. It presents a whole new way of how to think about and develop a successful startup. Regardless, it will show you better ways to accomplish your goals and increase the chances you’ll get the green light from investors.
Whether you are seeking startup funding from the angel down the street, or trying to convince investment bankers to help take you public, The Twelve Magic Slides provides a clear step-by-step process that will enable you to:
- Identify the key elements of the business that must be developed to attract external capital
- Understand the critical dos and don’ts CEOs must know to sell their story to investors in a quick and efficient manner
- Create twelve perfect slides and a presentation that secures investor interest from the start and gives them plenty of reasons to write you a check
What youll learn
- The twelve slide topics that will answer the most critical questions for investors and get them to open up their wallets.
- What investors are really looking for in the projects they fund.
- How to define and present a problem, solution, and opportunity that compels backers to fund your company.
- How to build and showcase a credible leadership team that convinces investors. that it can overcome the challenges startups face and still deliver results.
- How to come up with realistic financial projections and goals.
- How to prepare yourself for the stresses of raising capital.
Who this book is for
Entrepreneurs, investors (angels, VCs, etc.), service providers (law firms, accountants, coaches, consultants), students, academics, and pundits surveying the startup scene.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. What Investors Want
2. Build External Validation
3. Find the Right Investors
4. Venture Capital
5. The Elevator Pitch
6. Steps to Building a Successful Investor Presentation
7. Title Slide and Introductions
8. Slide 1: Overview
9. Slide 2: The Problem
10. Slide 3: The Solution
11. Slide 4: Opportunity and Market
12. Slide 5: Technology
13. Slide 6: Unique Competitive Advantages
14. Slide 7: Competitive Landscape
15. Slide 8: Go-to-Market Strategy
16. Slide 9: Financial Roadmap
17. Slide 10: The Team
18. Slide 11: Current Status
19. Slide 12: Summary
20. Backup Slides
21. After the Meeting
22. Building the Executive Summary
23. You Got a Deal! Or Not . . .
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published