- Full Description
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search gives you expert advice on planning, deploying and customizing searches in SharePoint 2010. Drawing on the authors extensive experience of working with real-world SharePoint deployments, this book teaches everything you'll need to know to create well-designed SharePoint solutions that always keep the end-users experience in mind.
Increase your search efficiency with SharePoint 2010s search functionality: extend the search user interface using third-party tools, and utilize analytics to improve relevancy.
This practical hands-on book is a must-have resource for anyone looking to unlock the full potential of their SharePoint servers search capabilities.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search empowers you to customize a SharePoint 2010 search deployment and maximize the platforms potential for your organization.
What youll learn
- Design and implement effective search crawls and indexing
- Create intuitive user interfaces, and improve search findability
- Understand how to configure core SharePoint components
- Customize SharePoints existing search functionality
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators who want to incorporate well-designed search functionality into their sites.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of SharePoint 2010 Search
- Planning Your Search Deployment
- Setting Up the Crawler
- Deploying the Search Center
- The Search User Interface
- Configuring Search Settings and the User Interface
- Working with Search Page Layouts
- Searching Through the API
- Business Connectivity Services
- Relevancy and Reporting
- Search Extensions
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published