- Full Description
Pro SharePoint 2010 Governance is the first book on the market focusing exclusively on the essential guidance necessary for leveraging SharePoint 2010 within your organization's intranet, extranet or Internet environment for maximum business value. Effective governance allows your organization to promote the adoption of SharePoints productivity-enhancing features while maintaining security and control over your organization's most vital information.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Governance presents comprehensive guidance, from the basics of What is governance? to the detailed considerations of IT, information and application management. Using the conceptual framework promoted by Microsoft and augmented with detailed discussions, recommendations and checklists, you will have all the information you need to streamline the governance of your SharePoint sites.
- Teaches the concepts and benefits of SharePoint site governance.
- Discusses advanced features and techniques for implementing governance in your organization.
What youll learn
- Create a governance strategy that is appropriate for your SharePoint sites
Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint 2010 Governance is for the IT professional or executive responsible for establishing policies and controls around an organizations use of the SharePoint 2010 platform. This may include intranet, extranet or Internet web sites based on the SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server products. Pro SharePoint 2010 Governance provides high-level guidance and strategies for executives who need to lead their organizations toward a productive, secure collaboration or publishing environment with excellent return-on-investment (ROI) potential. It is also for IT and business professionals who need to understand the features and techniques that provide the controls required to create, maintain and enhance these environments.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Preamble: We the UsersA SharePoint Manifesto
- SharePoint Governance Overview
- The Planning Process
- Implementing and Maintaining Controls
- User Training and Adoption
- Types of SharePoint Sites
- Services and Deployment
- Managing Operations
- Information Architecture Overview
- Delivering Information
- The User Interface
- Customizations and Tools
- Packaging Solutions and Sandboxing
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Appendix A: Online Resources
- Appendix B: The Governance Plan
- Appendix C: Governance Checklists
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published