- Full Description
ASP.NET MVC 4 and the Web API: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish helps you build cutting-edge REST services using ASP.NET MVC 4 and the Web API in more depth and detail than any other resource. ASP.NET MVC has always been a good platform on which to implement REST, but with the advent of the Web API it has now become even better. This book will show you why it's great and how to get the most from it.
Author Jamie Kurtz will take you from zero to full-blown REST service hero in no time at all. And you'll even learn how to incorporate some popular open source tools along the way: little or no experience with ASP.NET or the MVC Framework is required.
What youll learn
- How to design a REST API
- Understanding MVC and Web API controller activation
- Utilizing open source tools for common tasks
- Automatic lifetime management for database connections and transactions
- Easily secure a REST service, using standards-based authentication and authorization
- How to choose between using WCF or using the Web API
Who this book is for
This book is written for architects and developers wanting to understand how to quickly and easily build REST services on the ASP.NET platform. No prior knowledge of ASP.NET or MVC Framework is required; however, it assumed you have some experience with the .NET Framework, Visual Studio, and C#.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. ASP.NET MVC as a Service Framework
2. What is RESTful?
3. Designing Our Sample REST API
4. Building the Environment and Creating the Source Tree
5. Controllers, Dependencies, and Managing the Database Unit of Work
6. Securing the Service
7. Putting It All Together
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published