- Full Description
Advanced Joomla! teaches you advanced techniques for customizing a Joomla! CMS, including creating templates, administration, and building extensions. It will provide the technical know-how and a bonanza of information that will allow you to take your Joomla! sites to the next level.
Written by bestselling Beginning Joomla! author Dan Rahmel, Advanced Joomla! picks up right where Beginning Joomla! left off. Amongst other things, it shows you how to integrate advanced features into your Joomla! site, including social networking, blogging, and Google and Yahoo! web services; construct advanced Joomla! templates that use multiple stylesheets; use advanced administration techniques; and employ MySQL data reporting, remote deployment, and quality control using automated testing.
Advanced Joomla! assists content providers and web developers in all aspects of Joomla! content creation. For graphic artists and web designers, the professional template techniques and site organization information will prove invaluable. For developers who are weary of the often Byzantine documentation and hunger for clear organized information, Advanced Joomla! holds the key to unlocking the treasures of this advanced CMS system.
What youll learn
- Integrate advanced features into your Joomla! site, including social networking, blogging, and Google and Yahoo! web services.
- Construct advanced Joomla! templates that use multiple stylesheets; third-party frameworks including MooTools and Yahoo! User Interface (YUI) Library for interactive display; specialty definitions for mobile users; and more!
- Use advanced administration techniques, including various site-backup methods, integration of logins with other systems, and Joomla! site security
- Employ MySQL data reporting techniques, remote deployment, and quality control using automated testing with the free, open source tools such as Apache JMeter and Selenium.
Who this book is for
This book is for Joomla! or web developers/users who have read Beginning Joomla! or who are no longer Joomla! novices.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Streamlining the Authoring Process
- Customizing Joomla with Widgets
- Constructing a Dynamic Template
- Using Template Overrides
- Joomla and Web Services
- Joomla Security Administration
- Joomla Database Administration and Configuration
- Testing a Site with ApacheBench, JMeter and Selenium
- Using Development Tools
- Creating Joomla Menus, Articles, and Catergories with PHP
- Creating Core Extensions
- Connecting Joomla and Facebook
- Development and Deployment
- Source Code/Downloads